Nik
What kind of writing does she have to do - creative or more scholarly, research kind for the social sciences. If the former then the dictating should help. But for the latter, I tell my students to focus on the thesis and the outline and then you can write it in small batches because you know what your argument is. You shouldn't really write something all at once, rarely stays on target that way, so for any student it should help to outline first. I dont mean an outline like a, b and c, but an annotated outline where you break down each section by what you want to say and the support for it. This way you are essentially jotting down ideas without the pressure of crafting the language. I find this helpful in my own work, especially when I am not "feeling" the creative part of wriitng, i just get down the gist of what i want to say and then worry about making it nice later.

ALso, polarbear is right that all colleges have disability accommodations, usually in the
student life umbrella. Usually it translates to extra time for tests, not for writing assignments, but it can.

DeHe