that's really interesting, i never heard of a fusion before! My BFF's younger brother has dylexia and in the 70s/early 80s this was just not diagnosed. My BFF was a great sister! helped him with his reading and reading his assignments to him, he typed his homework when he could but he was labeled in so many negative ways. It was a shame! It's so great that you are sorting this out and that the school is helping!

Interesting story... in our old school, a gifted private school, a young student was diagnosed with a kind of double vision problem. This child still managed to do math, learn to read, etc. and was doing pretty well! Wild!she said she just thought that was how everyone saw and it's much easier now! lol

I may look more into the Fusion to see if it could help DD8 who struggles because of processing speed and motor incoordination issues and does much better on the keyboard at home.

On the 5th grade front...just had to email DS's teacher. He has a high reading level and when i peaked into the back of the book he is finishing for his project I found details of a character's newly realized homosexuality and first kiss with another boy. It's just too mature for DS right now. So, that came from a school book list. His next book is just one i haven't read so I told her i want him to read something i am familiar with and suggested the new book he will start instead. this is only for his 'personal reading booK' for the quarter so hopefully she doesn't mind the change even though the selections are made by the students at the start of the quarter. I said i will be very involved in the next selection and previewing books. It's hard when the student has such a high reading level and is expected to read on that level but is not mature or worldy enough for all the content that may come with teenage books. My DD8 has books like "Twilight" in her reading level! nooooo!