DS10 is doing well in 5th grade. Doesn't want to do HW. I don't blame him, they work hard during the day! He has a triple acceleration for Math but is with 6th graders that have a double acceleration. That's what I like about the school, they can accelerate but still be with age peers. He is doing pre-algebra, getting ready for next year's Algebra I Honors class. He really absolutely loves the class & teacher, it's a good level for him. In Goldilocks-speak it's "just right" laugh His first Unit Test is today, his final period of the day and I hope he isn't too tired! It's not a PE day and it's rainy so he won't be wiped out from recess.

Everything else is 1 yr ahead. Seems like he's got QUITE a load of work for his reading class with Power Point presentations and lots of on-his-level but above-grade-level reading to do. They use the Lexile levels and Accelerated Reader programs so the kids have to read books that are on or above their own Lexile score, books have to be approved by the teacher. He's reading Dragonhaven and The Hobbit this quarter while in class they are studying Walk Two Moons, which is on grade level (5th-6th).

Science Fair projects will probably start in October. They have been working on really using the Scientific Method in their labs.

SS looks like there will be a lot of research projects and he hates writing, so we'll see how that goes. I hope it's mostly in class and not HW. That's what he really hates, HW writing assignments!

3rd quarter he starts French, which I think he is dreading. He had a little exposure to French in his preschool (that was CUTE!) but has done Spanish in school for K-4. This school offers a different language each grade until middle then they can choose. (DD8 had Chinese last year and Arabic this year)

Met all the teachers at Open House last night, they seem like great teachers - no nonsense, organized & strict but still make it fun. (They had a Chocolate Fountain in class for a party after reading The Chocolate Touch, how fun is that? They all brought different treats to dip) laugh He likes them all and that's the important thing!

Hope everyone else is having a great Back-To-School! laugh