DD9 just finished her first week of grade four at a new school. It is hard to get any information out of her, but it seems to be going okay. DD did move to this school for the last three weeks of school in grade three. Unfortunately, they put her in a 3/4 split in which all the grade three students were boys. She met a few girls in grade four, but now they are all in a different class. Her teacher is young and new to the school. I don't know anything about her. DD hasn't decided if she is a good teacher yet, "I need more time to decide" she told me when I asked. On a positive note, the complaining hasn't started yet. But, this IS only the first week.

She said that she wanders around at recess and lunch, mostly trying to avoid an uber-annoying girl who just moved onto our street and has decided DD is her BFF. Poor DD is having a hard time negotiating the act of extricating herself from this leech without hurting her feelings. She defended her from a nasty bully on Friday and is now further ingratiated in the girl's mind as her friend. I'm trying to stay out of it, but I do feel bad for her. The kid even gets on MY nerves!

DD saw her psychologist for a handwriting assessment to begin investigating for dyslexia/dysgraphia. We are putting off our meeting at the school until we get those results, so for now I am sitting on my hands and begging DD for details about her day.

Last edited by kathleen'smum; 09/10/11 05:48 PM. Reason: poor grammar, as per usual

Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it. — L.M. Montgomery