Originally Posted by yannam
But I have never seen her complaining that she is bored. Even now she gets books from library at varying levels ( for instance she got matilda and she got couple of picture books which have just pictures and alphabets this week) She equally enjoys both levels and reads them with same enthusiasm. I bet If we put her in Kindergarten, she will "enjoy". It sometimes make me wonder skipping her a grade is right decision or not

I know there will be several children like this, I just want to share my experience and would like to know others
Very familiar. DS7 still gets out and reads the Songbird Phonics books that we got him when he was starting to read at 2 sometimes! He did complain about being bored in maths, in his first term at school, and has had his own maths ever since (but isn't skipped). No other boredom complaints. I think a lot depends on good teaching; it looks as though DS's teachers so far have done a really good job of letting the children take a topic and run with it, and he seems to get hardly any busy work. Doubtless it's also partly temperament of the child, though. DS seems to like the whole school experience, and can always extract something of interest from any class. (He hasn't been tested, and I do confess to sometimes wondering whether what's actually going on is that he isn't gifted in general, he just has a weird thing for maths. However, if anyone else said this about a child with DS's history, I know I'd say they were in denial.) Be happy your DD isn't bored so far, and long may it continue!

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail