My dd is totally like this - never bored. She is 11 yo and in public school 6th grade -- no grade skips so far. Our most concrete indicator that she has a right to be bored - she received a bronze medal (among a couple thousand (?) participants) from NUMATS for her composite Explore score back when she was a 4th grader. She also maxed out the Lexile scale (score reported as "1700+") in SRI testing as a 5th grader, and had the high score in the district on the math screening test for 6th grade math placement when she was a 4th grader.

The only real complaint she's made about boredom is that she hates it when they make her sit quietly doing nothing while waiting for other students to finish during standardized testing each November.

I think there are several factors. She is cheerful and outgoing and *loves* the fact that she's a kid and school is her thing (not the parents'), and she has also been fortunate with teacher assignments, especially the past couple of years. We also like to think we have instilled in our kids a sense of their own responsibility -- we taught them to self-entertain from an early age (no TV, for example), that there is learning value in almost any situation and that if they are bored it is their own problem -- but I'm not sure we really deserve any credit here.

As a 6th grader just starting middle school, she has several new things to ward off boredom - new friends, open ended research projects, algebra for math, and learning a musical instrument for the first time in band class.

We take it one year at a time and constantly reassess. We are open to skips or changing schools in the future if the situation changes to one that is not working well for her.