Originally Posted by yannam
But I have never seen her complaining that she is bored. Even now she gets books from library at varying levels ( for instance she got matilda and she got couple of picture books which have just pictures and alphabets this week) She equally enjoys both levels and reads them with same enthusiasm. I bet If we put her in Kindergarten, she will "enjoy". It sometimes make me wonder skipping her a grade is right decision or not

I know there will be several children like this, I just want to share my experience and would like to know others

yannam
the school work and library books might be apples and oranges. I once saw a sign in my local library that said, just because they can read doesn't mean they don't like the pictures. After that I made sure to bring home an assortment of levels. My DS 5 is very advanced in reading and science and still finds some picture books hysterical. Emotionally he is still 5, he likes jokes and stories that appeal to that age even though he often reads much more sophisticated science and chapter books. But I think there is a different with pleasure reading and school work - if she can comprehend concepts at a higher level and work faster she should be exposed to it regardless of whether she enjoys reading at her emotional age, imo.

DeHe