Since 'Neato conjured me up about homeschooling, I'll just pop in to say hi. If you have any questions about how it works, let me know. I'm not one to try to persuade people to HS--heck, a year ago, I'd have laughed if you had told me I'd be called "the resident expert in HSing"! But I'm happy to try to answer questions about it if you do consider HSing. It's been good for my DS6.

(And BTW, I think Lorel deserves the title of "the resident expert in HSing" far more than I do! I'm just a newbie. A chatty, helpful newbie, sure, but a newbie nontheless... She's a very helpful pro!)

Anyway, I don't have any major suggestions beyond what has already been offered to you. Most important, I think, is Ania's advice to take it one year (or less, even!) at a time. Your DD is happy and challenged now? Great! This year is working.

Now start getting your ducks in a row for 1st grade, which is when the wheels fall off for a lot of HG+ kids (and it sounds like your daughter might well be one of those!).

In my experience, the teacher matters more than anything else. A lousy teacher can ruin the best of programs, and a teacher who "gets" your child and wants her to learn can turn a crummy situation into a joy for your child.

I'm sorry about the dumb testing. Keep your chin up! smile

Kriston