I am so sorry this has happened and I can certainly relate. FWIW, DD9 was denied entrance into our GT program because of her low NNAT score (75th percentile), but she scored a 134 on the WASI (the short Wechsler, given privately) with a 140 VIQ and 119 PIQ. The formal reviews of the NNAT aren't very flattering. Since DD's experience with it, I've heard of numerous other cases in which gifted kids (identified so with individual IQ tests) did not do well on it.

We were told by the school system to wait for springtime standardized testing (Stanford and OLSAT). DD9 has been miserable this year, so we're pushing further.

Yes, I do think some kindergarten and first graders need differentiation, and I don't think you're wrong for feeling this way. If your child is happy, I wouldn't worry about it right now. However, I would watch her carefully for any signs of unhappiness with school and push the issue more if her well being is affected by this. In our DD, it manifested itself in headaches and stomach aches.

I hope this helps. You are not alone in this fight, and others of us have been there (or still are, in my case).