I was thinking of your situation, and though you are dealing with different issues than I did in the past between my ds and his school, there seems to be a common point of trying to deal with school personnel. I just wanted to post my thoughts and questions on this topic. Do you have any of these feelings or concerns?

I'm not sure, but would it be too "pushy" to e-mail the principal again?
I would want to address the teacher's e-mail with the principal right away, but would it be too soon.
The teacher's e-mail does not seem to support the changes that you discussed with principal.
But would that be too pushy, even if you stated your concerns in the most diplomatic of ways.

I am always concerned about being too pushy or not pushy enough. When My DS10 was having difficulties from K through 2nd grade I was always worried about being too pushy. I was worried that if the teachers were annoyed with me that they would take it out on ds, and with his overexcite abilities more trouble would occur. However, since that time I have found this forum(Yea!). Now I think I would have had more confidence and "know-how" in being the squeaky wheel. Instead of rationalizing to myself that the school's solution needed more time without my interference to work its way out.

I wish I would have waited less and made my feelings and suggestions known(and with some insistence) right away, instead of giving the situation time to improve.

Many people here seem to be knowledgeable on how to state issues in the most non-defensive of ways and with data to support their concerns. But I still question is it too pushy to respond right away? Or is it best so that everyone is on the same page.