Hi, Siasl--

If the school isn't doing anything for him yet, write to the principal (with copy to the district's special ed dept.) asking for a multi-factored evaluation and listing all areas of difficulty. This letter starts the ball rolling toward an IEP and proper services.

What are you doing so far for the Asperger's? Did the person who made the diagnosis give you a push toward therapies? My DS9 has AS and it has been very important to give him maximal remediation opportunities in these early grades. (Thinking about his kindergarten year still gives me the willies... but he's doing much better now. They can make so much progress.)

The other thing I was told by my DS's neuropsych is that you can expect test scores to both go up and become more coherent when autism is remediated. Autism makes test scores odd, not in the same way for each person, but once you work on the deficits, you get some clarity. We have seen this in DS's case; he is more able to show what he can do now that we've removed some of the obstacles.

HTH,
DeeDee