Hi,

From his results my son does not qualify as gifted but this place seems to be the only spot on the internet where helpful people make sense of weird test results, so I thought I would ask for help regardless.

Usual description of my son: "he is very bright, but..." (cue in ominous sounds). He was assessed last year by the school after a rough year in K and a disastrous start of first grade.

WISC-IV
VCI 99
Similarities 12 (75th)
Vocabulary 8 (25th)
Comprehension 10 (50th)

PRI 123
Block 16 (99th)
Picture 12 (75th)
Matrix 13 (84th)

WM 86
Digit Span 7 (16th)
Letter Num 8 (25th)

FSIQ could not be computed.

Subtest scatter (and catastrophic WJ results) were justified by the fact that he is bilingual and has been enrolled in a dual immersion program in a third language since K.

We spent the next months trying to get his English reading, writing and math up to age level to make him testable by non-bilingual (or trilingual) psychologists, and had him reassessed privately in the Spring.

I initially kind of skimmed through the test results while digesting a diagnosis of Asperger's, but looking now I am... puzzled.

He was given the DAS-II (since the WISC couldn't be repeated), which uses T-scores rather than scaled scores but the subtests seem to be similar in nature.

Verbal Subtests
Naming Vocabularies 62 (88th)
Word Definitions 63 (90th)
Verbal Comprehension 83 (99.9th)

Visual Subtests
Pattern Construction 71 (98th)
Picture Similarities 55 (69th)
Matrices 56 (76th)

Visual Memory Subtests
Recall of Objects Immediate 38 (12th)
Recall of Objects Delayed 32 (4th)

No composites were provided. Some weird scatter in the achievement tests, which average as... well, average.

Does this make any sense??