Thanks all for your thoughts and advice. We had another curriculum night last night, so I am just now reading your replies and need to process them a bit more. However, I wanted to at least reply to say that the psychologist did not give a written report except for the score sheets for the WPPSI III and the WIAT II.

I did take the score sheets to the gifted expert at the school. I hadn't thought of asking them to administer the TerraNova orally, and she didn't offer that option. They do the testing in groups, so I suspect they can't/won't do that without an IEP. The psychologist tells me that DD6 won't qualify for an IEP yet since these issues are considered normal for that age, even though she says they are not normal for someone of DD's level of giftedness.

I also hadn't thought of asking the psychologist to talk directly with the school, but they do know each other well since this is "the" gifted psych. to use and her daughter is also in the 'amazing all-day, every-day gifted program' that DD11 is in. So I assume that me telling the school that this psych. did the evaluation would carry a lot of weight.

Good idea Grinity about creating a hands-on way for her to learn about the signs. I'm such a logic-based person that I've been focusing on teaching her what the names mean and using tricks like "the equals sign is two lines and tells you that the two things on each side are the same" to help her distinguish it from the minus sign. But since I have no experience in this, I don't even know if she sees the equals sign on paper as two lines (sigh). I'm going to call the tutor today! And I'll work on 'baking' some signs with her this weekend, as well as check out that link on Amigurumi.

Thanks again for everyone's help - you guys are the best!! I know I wouldn't have made it through DD11's issues a few years ago without your support, so I knew I was coming to the right place yesterday :-)