Hello Grinity,
Thanks for your in put. I will apply for DYS for her but was wondering if I should wait to do the WJ until she has been back in school a few weeks so she's in more 'academic' mode. (We had a great summer with lots of fun and travel - but no math or writing!).

It makes me feel better to hear that lots of gifties don't like writing. I saw that you recommend that I develop her EQ - any ideas on how to do this?
The teacher meeting went great. DD has skipped a grade into second and the teacher is wonderful. She listened to all my concerns and seemed very in the know about HG kids and issues such as processing speed and not wanting to write. On the first day of school, she gave everyone a math sheet and ofcourse DD just sat there while everyone else made a start. The teacher understood the problem immediately (even before our meeting). She sat down with DD and told her that she knew that the sheet was too easy for her but she would still have to do it and then she could move onto more interesting problems. DD then decided to participate. I think it's going to be a good year!