Hello,
I have 2 questions. The first is more pressing because of a meeting I have tomorrow.

DD 6 was just tested on Saturday and I think the results explain alot. However, I was so overwhelmed that I cannot remember something important the psycologist told me. Can any of you help?

She did the DAS and her results are:
GCA 153
Verbal 157
Non verbal reasoning 131
Spatial 140

The psycologist said the big difference between Verbal and non verbal could indicate a processing disorder. What does this mean on a day to day basis in the classroom. She mentioned something about this may mean DD may not like to write (she doesn't!) - why is this? Should I ask the teacher to do or not do something specific in class? The teacher is fabulous and will work with us I am sure (she taught DS 8 a couple of years ago - he just qualified for DYS).
My second question is this: the psycologist also stated that it must be difficult for DD to be DS's sister. He is very bright and loves to be open about it. He loves being top of the class and is very competitive. DD is very smart too but is much more subtle. She tries to fit in and not let people see her abilities. Eg she has in the past pretended not to be able to read or to write properly so she fits in with the other kids.
She thinks that she is 'not good' at things because she compares herself to her brother. Eg She cannot do square roots of large numbers like him ..but she's only 6! I don't think he could at that age either. I regularly let her know the 2 year difference between them means that she cannot possibly know what he does and that this is okay.
How do others handle this? How do you help a younger child feel confident in their abilities?