interesting question. And a good one.

Since we've been trying to figure out if DS8 fits into this category, I've recognized a few things.

1. What does this mean for me - I know my IQ, and does that somehow change the circumstance of my life, my confidence, my abilty. NO. I can't go BACK, but knowing what I AM helps me direct myself forward. So, knowing if you make MENSA maybe is the affirmation you need/want... however, if not making it, or scoring lower than you thought you might, what will that change?

2. Same thing for my son. If he's just super bright vs. MG... what does that mean? It means only that I should find appropriate challenges for him - doesn't mean he'll wANT them... all I can do is lead the horse to water.

3. Regardless of DS8 desires/performance, what do I want for him? MOstly, those things I want for him that relate to IQ are outcomes that have some of my baggage attached. Hard to say, but brutally honest.

Mostly what I want for him, however, have nothing to do with IQ.

I want him to be confident, free, a connection to his spirituality and feel safe within our household.

So, how important is being "gifted" - VERY in the small picture, minimal in the big picture.

I just think 'balance'.