Originally Posted by kathleen'smum
I disagree with many of the ideas proposed in the article. DD8 is one of the most securely-attached children I have ever met, yet she has ADHD, may be dyslexic, and was a very late-talker.
Yeah, I really don't believe that the data on ADD/ADHD supports the idea that it is caused by environment. It is very heavily influenced by genetics from the research I've read. I, too, didn't care for the statement in the article that,

Therefore, ADHD and learning disabilities in gifted children may well be symptomatic of attachment problems.

Both of my girls were very verbal very early but my youngest does have ADD. I co-slept with both of them and nursed for quite some time (2.5 years with dd10, the younger one). I, too, went in the AP direction out of necessity with my oldest b/c she had very high attachment needs and cried constantly. I carried her everywhere and was highly responsive. By the time dd10 came along, that was the way I parented so that's how she was parented as well although she was a significantly more mellow baby.