I didn't take the author to be meaning that ADHD and learning disabilities are always related to insecure attachment, simply that there are instances where they may be (though I didn't notice the sentence Cricket2 quoted above the first time I read it - in which this is not clarified, so perhaps they do - in which case I do think such a claim is ridiculous).

However, I wasn't reading it from that perspective, having neither ADHD or a learning disability - what resonated in my situation is the idea of an 'over developed' right brain. I don't know how much truth there is to theories about dominant brain hemispheres, but my husband and I often laugh when we come across trait lists for dominant hemispheres because I always tick every right brained box. Those traits definitely make it more difficult for me to communicate my ideas with other people and I have always thought that that seemed to tie in to my (very unscientific personal) theory about answers vs understanding that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

LOL smile So I guess I liked the article because it supported my theory (luckily I am not a scientist!)

Edited to include ** I should point out that when I talk about difficulties in communication, I don't mean I struggle to get along with others, just that I struggle to communicate my own ideas. I can get along with anyone - one of the benefits of right brain traits is seeing the bigger picture, so ultimately I can almost always understand where people are coming from!

Last edited by Giftodd; 08/14/11 01:51 PM.

"If children have interest, then education will follow" - Arthur C Clarke