Originally Posted by Ametrine
I wouldn't mind talking about what it's like to parent my DS, but to ask personal questions about my own mental health is crossing the line.

How "skewed" will this become if most who answer have mental problems?
That obviously depends on just how skewed the sample who answer is! But I'm a bit perplexed at people having this reaction. Maybe you're getting the wrong impression of what it's asking? It's not asking whether you think you're Napoleon (presumably because the researcher didn't expect that question to produce interesting results :-) but it does, among other things, ask about some things which are common symptoms of anxiety or depression. I think it might also be looking more generally at overexcitabilities and 2e issues in us. The survey is anonymous, more anonymous than this site, yet lots of people talk about problems of anxiety or depression, overexcitabilities and 2e issues in their children here. Why are some people upset at the very idea of being asked about this kind of thing? Can you explain? (And, if you think this will be a common enough reaction to skew the sample, it would be a kindness also to explain to the researcher.)

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail