Originally Posted by ColinsMum
Originally Posted by Wren
I started the survey but then it went on for pages about my mental and emotional health and I thought it did not have that much to do with gifted children. I think she was looking to see how stressed we were on raising our gifted children and I wasn't interested in going there.
That's clearly her research topic yes: it's about the experience of *parenting* gifted kids, not about about the kids. I thought the advance information was clear enough about this, and I found it interesting to complete (not least because I currently feel very positive and well-supported in parenting DS and it was pleasant to bring this to the front of my mind!) but yes, people who don't want to talk about how they feel parenting a giftie should steer clear.

I took the survey, and found the questions re: my mental health pretty extreme. Even though I would have responded to the survey differently last year, when I was very stressed and upset re: unsuccessful advocacy, it seemed to me the questions were geared more toward finding out if people suffered from clinical depression.

I was happy to discover while filling out the survey that we're in a very good place since switching our son to a school for HG kids, which is finally a good fit.