I'm so grateful to have a place to express what I'm feeling without people looking at me like I've really gone over the edge! I just want to see that twinkle in his eye that I caught a glipse of at center we had him tested at this summer when he was interacting with a couple of other boys...it was the first time in his 7 years at that point that I had ever seen him interact like he was a perfect fit...
I slept very little last night worrying about today, and am waiting to hear how it went in a few hours.
Grinity, thanks for stressing not to forget about the other pieces of our family life where we can have an impact...we try and do as much as possible in our home life to enrich our kids lives...I just want it all I guess so to speak. I will keep in mind to remain as positive at home with him, and go the extra mile though to try and make up for what is lacking in other places. First in order is applying to DYS, just waiting on his reference letter to be filled out...
Breathe in....breathe out. Its amazing how many people think this "gift" comes with a box of chocolates and roses attached to it...oh if they only knew...