I'm trying to figure out how hard to push with my dd10. She has 99.9th percentile WISC scores (GAI) with 99th+ VCI and PRI and avg WMI and PSI. Her achievement in school has been wildly erratic. We haven't been able to homeschool as we did with dd12 earlier due to financial need for me to work more outside of the home and other issues.

She was dx with ADD and an anxiety disorder last year and we really had tremendous success with alternative treatments including omega 3 supplementation, gum chewing in school, and caffeinating the kid by putting caffeinated tea in her water bottle. Her grades got more consistent in the accelerated classes. The GT teacher e-mailed me to ask what I had done to her after a few weeks or so of this regimen. She gets straight As even with a total lack of attention in the less accelerated classes, but we need to do something to get that kind of performance in GT or subject accelerated classes.

I've also suspected off and on since 1st or 2nd grade that she may be dyslexic. Since she reads above grade level, that isn't something that the school would be concerned with and I don't know what to do. I do know that she's not likely to ever be someone who reads for pleasure the way I do, though.

So, the issue is this: dd rejects both the gifted label and any type of LD. Getting her to chew gum and drink caffeinated drinks during school will be easy b/c they are fun, but she's fighting me terribly on going back on the o-3s b/c she seems to see it as us saying that there is something wrong with her that needs medicating. We've just dropped it for the summer, but school starts up in less than two weeks and I think that it makes enough of a difference that I really want her to get back on them.

She is profoundly lonely when she's grouped with avg or high avg kids and, even in the GT placement, has rarely found anyone with whom she really clicks. She's a chameleon so she "fits" with everyone, but she's lonely none the less. If we do nothing, I suspect that she'll wind up tracked in the avg or high avg classes.

She passed the tests to accelerate in math next year, but she has to keep some focus so she does well enough that she doesn't get moved. Tons of simple errors, drifting attention... it all plays into lower grades and she won't stay in these classes if that happens.