I like the idea of a 3 day program...Asynchronous Development really is difficult to work with at this age - it does get easier as our children grow (I think)

Is the 45 minute program the same 'JrK' ? It's ok that it might take them 6 to 8 weeks so see your son in detail, as long as he is happy and behaving.

I was clueless when my son was this age - I was working, he was in daycare and that was that! Sure the teachers would complain about strange behaviors, but he was there as part of my plan to 'make him regular and less like mama' - ha HA on me! I'm so grateful that he taught me exactly why I felt so 'wrong' in everyday life. And he may have learned some valuable lessons - who knows?

Anyway - the point is that when I look back and ask myself - if I knew then what I know now, what would I have done with him? And my mind draws a total blank!!!

So Flexibility is Key - and you are showing a lot of flexibility here - so you are on the right path.

Look up 'handwriting without tears' on the Internet and buy some of their stuff and keep plugging away. Think of it as a chance to practice 'calm assertive leadership' if you can't make it fun. Already at 3 my son was showing perfectionistic behavior about his handwriting skills, and begging me to 'draw a picture' for him - and I did, because I had no idea what I was seeing and he seemed so unhappy!

I also liked the Ed Emberly stick figure drawing books.

Stick around and write more books - those words are 'better out than in,' yes?

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com