Originally Posted by HappilyMom
We have only begun taking "gifted programs" this summer and already I am feeling that even in this identified population we still don't quite seem to fit and he sometimes gets bored.

Glad for any advice or words of wisdom from you more experienced parents.
This is a frustrating situation, and the reason why nowadays we don't talke about 'gifted or not' anymore. LOG (level of giftedness) makes such a difference.

Did any of the gifted schools look good?

I would encourage you to apply, and to send the 'raw data' along with the scores - that 19 could be 'barely 19 or an 'way way better' than 19' and could count extra.

Don't worry about fine motor skill and the portfolio - in the old days one had to be 'across the board' gifted to be 'gifted' but nowadays there is a much deeper understanding that some areas might be 'age appropriate' or even a bit below. Send in what you have - video of your child chattering away usually is impressive and fairly painless to get.

If your child isn't PG by DYS standards, then he is certianly HG, which is high enough to be bored by a 'regular G' curriculum (in my mind that is the definition of HG, actually)

What are you going to do with him from now until kindy?

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com