I thought hearing about my DS7 might help your thought process. We were where you are now about a year ago. If you are not going to homeschool, you should work on a grade skip now and then further math acceleration. If I had to do it over again, I would have pushed for my DS to start the 2010-2011 year in 2nd. My DS has an early November birthday so was one of the oldest in his class. He has similar WISC scores as your DS (a little lower and tested when he wsa 7.5).

Even though his scores are lower he still needed a mid year skip and could have used further acceleration in Math (he learned almost nothing in math this year) and his Broad Math was 148 � so your DS will likely need another year acceleration or some sort of compacting in math. My DS has average PSI so he is slow at writing, timed math facts, etc. The writing and speed was not a big problem when he skipped.

My DS is going to go to a HG school in a neighboring district in the fall to which he could not have been accepted without the grade skip. I am optimistic about next year because I think it will be a much better fit for him.

Finally, I also think that some of the other issues - ie being a handful - could be dealt with by more challenge. An idle mind is the devil's playground applies to my DS for sure - so keeping him intellectually engaged has always been a priority for us. I have a hard time dealing with some of the comments and situations we have encountered and my husband comes to everything too - it's great to have that united front. It seems overwhelming and it is a lot of work. Hang in there!