Don't worry about the one OT. There's one in every crowd, unless there is something in your heart of hearts flashing. It's a tough call. I would reccomend documenting in as much detail as you can, all the milestones Ruf uses. Defensive Parenting 101 - LOL!

I believe it is natural to encourage your child to share their interest with you and then to provide the "right-sized" chunk of the world. For thousands of year the whole point of parenting was to introduce the child to the adult world they live in. Humans are born ready to fit in, as well as possible, to a wide variety of habitats, so we're programed to want to learn about the havitat around us. At this moment in culture, letters and number are part of our habitat. When I saw so many kid memorizing long lists of Pokemon, I though, "in another time and place they would be memorising food sources and predator animal habits"

So be a learning partner and enjoy - letters and numbers are perfectly in your domain as much as table manners and free time management!

Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com