Hi Rocksea! Welcome
It's delightful to hear about your son. I loved the old reader rabbit programs - I think you'll find they have less attitude than jumpstart and the new RR. If you can keep an old pc running for the older software, it will be SO worth it - CD rom games just aren't what they used to be! Of course Math Blaster is excellent as well.

I really enjoyed "deep discussions" with my DS10 when he was 3ish. It sounds like as long as the preschool stays away from trying to teach kids what he already knows, he'll be ok. My son did have some complaints about certian children who "refused to talk to him." Turns out there didn't actually talk to anyone. I made up the concept of a "mouth speaker" and explained that every grows tall at different speeds, and everyone's "mouth speaker" develops at different rates. ((I sure skipped over the idea that not everyone grows to 6ft tall, no matter how long it takes, nor does everyone develop their mouth speaker to the same degree - I was SO not ready to think of my child or myself as gifted back then.))

Does your son like the "1 fish, 2 fish" Dr. Suess or is he into "The Lorax?" Quite a range from that author! My son wasn't reading at that age, but he loved to listen to literature. Chinaberry cataloug brought me the idea of having a "precocious listener."

Will getting a good educational situation be difficult when the time comes? Maybe - but by then you will at least know what to look for. In the meantime, keep your eyes open for work that will allow you to homeschool and work concurrently. There is even a email group of working moms who are homeschooling!

I've enjoyed reading your comments. You belong here, even if your child hasn't entered school yet.

Oh yesss - I reccoment networking locally - participate in your state gifted association, see if there are any Saturday Enrichment Clubs locally, ask around the homeschooling community - lots of those moms homeschool because of the same problems you face.

Best Wishes,
Trinty

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com