Originally Posted by kickball
Agree with most posted above... CogAT is not a assessment designed to test the outer limits of gt (of course many are not). And it doesn't not make a direct correlation to IQ score. Cheap and works for mass group screenings.

130-140 is one hell of a range ;-) And if a child is at the upper end of that then a parent may need to be advocating to bend the system to fit or find other options (depending on the school). Most research indicates the parents who wonder and think their child is gifted - are generally right. And if your family can spare the money - for me - knowing a bit more about my child's needs so I could best advocate and seek best options was incredibly helpful.

I'm not into testing for testing sake... but tend to find those parents who wonder aloud simply need a push. Those who wonder usually know in their heart but are just second guessing.

Two cents for what it is worth :-)

Shout out to Grinity - rocking the board as always.

ditto on all accounts. I think if you are wondering, and can afford it, it's worth it to have it in black and white.

I'm no expert or anything, just another mom sailing the uncharted waters with only half a paddle, but a very pushy little captain with me. smile

I can spell, I just can't type on my iPad.