Hi Mia - I'm so sorry about your situation! I was just going to say, my DS in 1st grade (who is old for grade) wrote HORRIBLY all through kindergarten. He had to interpret everything he wrote. Magically he is writing much better this year. Yesterday at school (I was volunteering) the whole class was making books on Christopher Columbus. Most kids were writing maybe a misspelled sentance or 2. DS was writing long paragraphs that I could actually READ on every page. It seemed well above 2nd grade writing to me compared to 2nd grade stuff I've read in the halls.

My point being as that these little guys change so incredibly fast. If he's anything like my DS, he probably needs some inspiration to get good at something. School is probably really boring for him, so why should he master it yet?

And I don't blame you for letting your son play World of Warcraft at all. My DS has been exposed to lots of non-age appropriate games and movies. He just seems to "get" it, and doesn't act it out in real life ever. Movies, games don't scare him at all. When your child is mentally years older than chronological age, sometimes you make non-orthodox choices.

Anyway - keep us posted! I'm also counting the days until summer.