Just as an update on DS... we had our school meeting and they are writing up his IEP and they wanted our input before they began - I feel like it went really well and his scores qualify him as gifted by the school board! The principal might be a bit of an issue in regards to giving him "enrichment" time and opportunities though but on the bright side the special ed teacher next year is my DS grade three teacher right now - and they really "get" each other, so that is also a bonus... next school year I will check out the "gifted" class at the other school and then we can compare and make our decision.

As for further testing on dyslexia, I made a phone call to someone I found on the internet - she said she was going to a meeting with some "experts" that evening and would ask them for their opinions. She called me back to tell me about the "Scottish Rite" they work with kids with dyslexia and have a learning centre only 30 minutes from home. I had a meeting with them and brought them the test scores. They said that they would get their 'expert' to take a look and see what she thinks, she may want to do further testing, she may want more info - but we probably won't hear back until September. Wow they really seemed to know their stuff!!

Thanks again for all your guidance and support!!