Yup, I do think there are some caveats. Many have to do with flaws in the testing instruments, IMHO.

For example, the age of the child at the time of testing matters: a 4yo reader is generally going to score higher on the WPPSI than s/he really should, I think. [Oops! See Dottie's correction below]

Also, I think there's some luck involved in the test questions a child gets. Despite attempts to take Fund Of Knowledge issues out of IQ tests, I think there's still some there. So I think it's possible to have a score that is unrepeatable.

Even if that happens, I don't think that necessarily means that the score was too high. It was one score, on one day, and it should be factored in with all the other information. If all the other info says the score was skewed a bit high, then you go with that. But you should also keep in the back of your mind the fact that the child has scored that well at least once.

Disregard nothing! Fit the pieces in where they go.

Last edited by Kriston; 03/04/08 02:13 PM. Reason: Oops! Dottie caught my mistake. Thanks Dottie!

Kriston