Hi Chocolatelover,
Welcome!
Oh Dear! This is very confusing. I wish children had their 'real' IQ scores hidden in some place where we could check, perhaps under their arms? But that would take a lot of the fun out of life, I guess.

There are about 1000 different versions of Gifted, so if one tester says gifted and the other doesn't it's hard to know what it means. I believe that as a parent the BEST way to think about giftedness is "Does this particular child have special educational needs, beyond what is being provided at her school, at this time?"

In the long run, it can be very difficult to tell if your child does have special educational needs. Unless they are one of those loud, competitive, bold children who stage a sit-in demanding above age level work. But don't well behaved, cooperative children deserve to learn how to learn at age 8 as well? A little afterschooling can go a long way to help you see if she enjoys stuff that other kids wouldn't enjoy at her age level. If you keep it fun, and take turns taking the lead, it's a great way to know your child.

The next step is to spend some time in the classroom, and get acquainted with what your child's agemates are like.

If you still have the report of your IQ score, send Dottie and me a private message with the subscore breakdowns for a little unprofessional back street driving.

You can always wait a few years and let her try the talent search tests (EXPLORE, and SAT) to see if you can get a clearer picture of where she stands relative to her agemates.

Every Child Deserves to be thought about well.

Enjoy and Good Luck,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com