There is so much expertise here on this site, I would appreciate some advice. Does anyonee know if there is any strong correlation between a very high OLSAT score and a high IQ test score? Since our 8 year seemed unusually bright to us (but what do we know), we had her aptitude tested last year, and the test taker concluded with surprising "glee" that while she was smarter then normal, she definitley was not gifted. Our daughter relayed afterwards that she was not too comfortable with the testing environment, and the results did not comport with our assessment of her intelligence, but we assumed the test taker knew what she was talking about, and that was that. But we just learned our daughter had scored a perfect 150 on the OLSAT test she had taken last year in second grade(i.e., 150 overall on the SAI, as well as 150 each on the verbal and non-verbal sub-parts), answering every question on the test correctly. The school thought the result so unusual they are treating her as if she is especially gifted. So here's my long-winded question: while the OLSAT's are not designed to be an IQ test, but rather a school aptitude test, would it be unusual for a child to score very high on the OLSAT's and yet not exceptionally well on an IQ test? I just have the gut feeling that perhaps the IQ test was not accurate, and wonder if we should have her IQ tested again sometime in the future. She is a happy, well-adjusted kid -- so the whole question is relatively unimportant -- other then I would be a bit peeved if the IQ test giver was so far off. Thanks for any advice.