DD9 started AOPS pre algebra this year at an after school class. Great grades on first few tests then deliberately bombed next thinking she wouldn't have to go anymore. Instead, she was put in 5th grade class and is NOT happy. Indeed, it is much too easy but my take is she finishes it out until end of semester because I don't want her to get the message if she doesn't like something she doesn't have to do it. It is miserable for ME because I have to drag her to class every week. She claims that she despises math. The school director thinks her age, length of class (1 1/2 hours) and ADHD all combined to make the pre algebra class too much for her.
What might be some alternatives? I guess I am asking do we pull her out and try something else? School math is dreadfully easy for her as well thus, the after school class.
PS - just so you know, we have made many changes for the better for her so we aren't being mean about this!! laugh Also, she reads "Life of Fred" for fun at night plus one time claimed she liked the new math class because it had games instead of all lectures.

Last edited by greenlotus; 03/13/15 02:49 PM.