You've received great advice so far. I'll just add that it is important for kids to be willing to take on an appropriate challenge so they do not disengage and underachieve. That said, her "Life of Fred", which she does for fun, may provide the appropriate challenge for her at this time.
Originally Posted by greenlotus
she reads "Life of Fred" for fun at night plus one time claimed she liked the new math class because it had games instead of all lectures.
Does the new math class still consist of games, or was one particular unit on games, and has the class format now changed to consist primarily of lectures? Although a recent thread discussed whether children actually learn better due to their "learning style preferences", it seemed there was general consensus that "learning style" preferences exist. Especially for extracurricular activities, it may be wise to follow a child's preferences.
“The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

Personally, I would explore with her in depth what it is she does not like about the class, and then respect her choice. Do not take her choice personally or allow it to become a power struggle, but view it as an important opportunity to get to know your daughter better. Whether it is math or interpersonal relationships, it may be especially important for girls to receive parental reinforcement and support that their "no" means "no".

Sometimes kids may get a feeling that something is off, and may want to avoid a situation. Not to say that this at all reflective of your daughter's circumstances, but I am familiar with a case in which a young middle school girl one day went to school with her hair "up" as it would need to be for a dance recital after school. That day, a particular teacher asked who she was although she'd been in his class for months. He stood too close and was too attentive. The next academic year the teacher was dismissed for inappropriate conduct toward other students. He had been a well-respected, and popular teacher to that point.