Originally Posted by knute974
I think that you responded appropriately and that the school heard your concerns. Unless you feel that there are unresolved issues going forward, I would not keep quizzing DD about what happened exactly that day. Figure out where to go from here, maybe get a plan in place with the teacher and let the details go.

Yes ... this is our plan. I have no intentions of bringing this incident up with DD. We have talked to the school and plans are in place. I see no point in quizzing her about it because it could just result in weaving an even more elaborate story and no good can come from that. I do plan on talking to her about how to handle herself and to make sure she understands what she needs to do if another kid hits her. I do worry that even that could be setting up a round of tattle telling much like her BF at school. She is a big tattle tell and usually it is false information.

So yes, we have done all we can do about this incident and don't think it is healthy to keep talking about it to DD, but she still needs to know that it is fine to talk to her teachers and us about anything.