Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 292 guests, and 25 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    P
    Polly Offline OP
    OP Offline
    P
    Hi,

Thanks so much for the great suggestions, I will make a list and look into them and any more that come along.

Polly

M
    M
    I've been surprised how violent or scary some of the G rated movies can be - especially Disney ones with a villain. Here are some my family have found to be pretty tame:

This site may be helpful: http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-lists/ages-2-4

I'd be sure to screen any movie before letting your son watch it, as you know him best. These movies work for our son, but all kids are different. I was surprised to find some of the movies my newly 4 year old son enjoys to be rated age 5 and up on the common sense media site and some of the ones I think are too scary are rated 4 and up.

My Neighbor Totoro (sensitive issue - mother is in a hospital, however happy ending)
    Ponyo (my new favorite movie, but definitely screen first - some suspense & a supposed villain who turns out to be good)
    Sesame Street Dinosaurs!
    The Bee Movie (adult themes but not scary)
    Wall-E (some suspense, and the scene in which eve tries to shoot wall-e at first)
    How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight (and other dino stories) Scholastic video collection
    Horton Hears a Who (pretty accurate to the book if that is not too scary)
    Toy Story 2 is less scary than TS3. TS1 is too scary with the creepy neighbor boy

Here Comes Science DVD/CD by They Might Be Giants is awesome. It's not a movie though - more like a music video of the songs which are all educational and fun. If your son likes dinosaurs, he'll love the "I'm a paleontologist" song.

TV / Videos:
    PBS Kids, Nick JR, Little Einsteins

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by millersb02 - 05/10/24 07:34 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 05/03/24 07:21 PM
    Technology may replace 40% of jobs in 15 years
    by brilliantcp - 05/02/24 05:17 PM