Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 110 guests, and 14 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Hmmm.... Do you mean the USAJMO? That's actually linked to the AMC 10, so it shouldn't be restricted to middle school students... the official eligibility rule is:

AMC 10 Eligibility � A student in a program leading to a high school diploma, and under 17.5 years of age on the day of the contest, and not enrolled in grades 11 or 12 or equivalent.
    and for the 8 it's:
    Any student 14.5 years of age or younger on the day of the contest and not enrolled in grades 9, 10, 11, or 12 or equivalent is eligible to participate.

Those are from the AMC8 and AMC10/12 teacher's manuals for this year... Do you have a link that contradicts that? If they're inconsistent I would want a decision from them before we run the AMC10 in a couple weeks!!

Erica
    C
    cym Offline
    C
    You're right, Erica. I'm sorry. I was looking up a lot of different things at once and jumbled them together (very typical for me)...it's the S-H Spelling Bee that has the higher level course limits:
    �The speller must not have completed nor ever been enrolled in more than six high school-level courses or two college-level courses on or before April 30, 2010.
    Nothing to do with the math competitions.

Whew! Glad to hear it. Since we homeschool (and my entire MathCounts team homeschools!) and our state doesn't have any official grade designation in our registration forms, it's the details like that that can determine a yes or no... and I'd hate to be blindsided after the fact!

DS can't spell his way out of a paper bag, so the spelling bee isn't going to be an issue! LOL

Erica
    Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...