Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 105 guests, and 31 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Good point klh. I agree. Really, they should NOT be handing out diagnoses at the neighborhood school. Except by the school psych after extensive observation and testing and even then......

H
    H
    [quote=IronMom]Are you HS'ing Hkc75 or sending to public/private?

IronMom, I pulled my son out in Jan because I saw the same things going on as you are seeing. He was sent to the principals office 3 times in one week. He felt horrible, unjustly treated, etc. He really is a good kind hearted kid who felt a tremendous amount of stress and acted out accordingly. We have given him time to step back and assess. Before we did we asked the school to test him and switch teachers just so we could figure out what was going on. They did not so we pulled him. Just recently we have started the process of re-enrollment. We are seeing what they will do. Apparently after writing a letter to the superintendant and giving them an official IQ write up by an outside psych, they are willing to work with us on our terms. I am so sorry to hear you go through this. It is way too familiar and heart-breaking. I am scared to give PS another shot for these very same reasons. I just don't understand why they are so hung up on their "rules" especially the ones that just don't make sense....

Good luck hkc! That makes me a bit sad, that you are scared. Just remember, you don't know how it'll go until you try it. Pulling back out is always in your back pocket as a safety net.

Hope it goes well!

Neato

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM