Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 133 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    DS6: Various DS Games (Ben 10 and Zoo Tycoon)
    DD4: Tabletop easel and acrylic paint set
    DS2: Can I just say Thomas!

Crisc
    W
    W
    Both kids and us adults: Wedgits (highly recommend-definitely the big winner this year), Ungame (use them at dinner), various Murderous Maths books (DD8 caught DH sneaking them from her!), What Am I? game

DS8: Snap Circuits (HUGE hit - thanks to you all), crystal growing kit (third year requesting it), Dance Dance Revolution dance mat, American Girl's "Smart Girl's Guide to Sticky Situations", Cranium WOW game, and Usborne Science Dictionary,

DS3: What Time Is It? game (she incessantly asks us the time so she's excited to learn for herself), Tangoes Jr., Dora bowling set, and Hullabaloo game

Our kids want to play with almost each gift after opening, sometimes for hours before wanting another to open. We used to beg them to open another present, but now we enjoy that it takes us multiple days to get everything opened!

B
    B
    DS5 - his new Tornado Intercept Vehicle shirt (wants me to wash it every day so he can wear it every day due to the fact he is addicted to all things tornados), the new electronic Monopoly game that comes with a debt card, his Acela HO scale amtrak train.

This is a very interesting thread!

DD 24 mos. also loved her little tea set, like Katelyn! Tea, anyone?

She also loves a furry piglet that snorts and wiggles as you pet it. She carries it all over and talks to it. Last night it was invited to bed with her - a first for a toy.

Books: "A Light on in the Attic," which I find a tad dark for a 24 m.o., and "Animal Portraits," a photography book of ~200 animals. She likes these 2 best so far.

Video: "Milo and Otis." We watched it yesterday and, after we saw the kittens being born, I explained that the mama cat birthed a baby kitten out of her behind, then I corrected myself and said out of her va gina. DD then announced, "I want to have a baby kitten come out of my behind." I had to stiffle a laugh. She continued, "Mama had me out of her behind because I'm a baby kitten." (I've been calling her my Baby Kitten since she was born.)

Equipment: plastic golf set, ballerina tu-tu, and pink scooter, occasionally used simultaneously.

Blokus was a huge hit. I found a travel set for 2. I took it to a family New Years Eve party to occupy the kids, and it turned into an impromptu tournament that included almost everyone of every age.

My DS7 is in love with his Magnetix icoaster! That thing is really fun. He didn't want to try out the suggestions in the book for awhile though as he thought they couldn't be as "cool" as his own concepts, but he did finally try some out and has admitted they are pretty "cool" too! He has also really enjoyed a couple of DS games.

My DS11 got a new mountain bike and that has been the best thing ever for him! He loves, loves, loves it! smile

We all have enjoyed DDR and Outdoor Challenge for the Wii. Both are very cardio and the Outdoor Challenge is fun because we can compete at the same time.

M
    M
    Great thread! It ALMOST makes me want to start shopping again, but with both DS7 and DS5's b'days in December, plus Xmas, both I and my credit card need a breather! crazy

DS7 was ecstatic to receive the full hard-cover series of Harry Potter, in a (cardboard) trunk made to look like something that belongs at Hogwarts. He is seriously upset that his mean old Mom (me) won't let him read past the 3rd book until she's read it first. cry

DS7 also got a sewing kit, which is something he's been asking for forever, but once received didn't want to do much with it. I think he wants to sew all his own clothes, but with me being sewing-challenged, that's tough. DS5 seems to have taken the kit over and is enjoying it a bunch.

DS5 got an open-ended wood-working set (boards, wood glue, hammer, nails with a couple of project ideas) that has gone over really well, and an electronic keyboard (which he and DS7 seem to fight over frequently).

Happy New Year, all!

Mia Offline
    Belle-- Where did you get the tornado shirt?? Ds6 is a severe weather fanatic, he'd love that!

Mia
    S
    S
    Nintendo DS Lite and a "Make Paper Airplanes" book, which came with cool paper. Also the game "Brain Freeze". He hasn't touched hardly anything else that he got. Oh, and the "Robot Claw" that a grandparent got him - one of those $5 junk toys that become the favorite!

M
    M
    We actually did good this year, everything is getting plenty of play and there were no real duds.

DS6- marble run, dominoes, and Loot card game (pirates, strategy and a game Mom and Dad actually want to play- what's not to like?, lol)

DS4- dinosaur play set and African animal play set. That was pretty much all he asked for and even though we got him other stuff, those have been the most played with things! He has been asking lots of interesting questions and we've been researching the real animals like crazy. I absolutely adore his quickly disappearing "baby-lisp" voice saying 'Pachycephalosaurus', lol.

DD2- toy kitchen and food (she's been cooking us breakfast lunch and dinner for 2 weeks now!) and she was inspired to potty train within a week after Christmas, thanks to a gift of Tinkerbell underwear and jellybean bribes.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM