OK, finally got the results printed out. Not sure this will be at all useful for advocating for a reading assessment though!

He got 207 on reading with the lowest area being foundational skills at 192-202 and the highest being writing and language at 211-221. Reading was right in the middle at 200-210. For this test he took the primary version, the math was the 2-5. Maybe they will move him up on the reading test as well next time?

It looks like this puts him in the 99th %ile for 1st grade which I didn't expect based on his slow and often choppy reading. Also the teacher reports about his lower comprehension and his trouble with written output. Maybe I shouldn't share these results with the district when I request the testing? Or should I just accept that he is doing well enough and doesn't need testing at all? I filled out and sent in all of the paperwork from the district last week but haven't heard back yet. Now I feel a little foolish for my concerns.

OTOH the lexile range on the results says 627-777 and IRL DS is just not reading at that level. He is mostly reading 1st and 2nd grade stuff. He can read higher level stuff, but not fluently. He has been reading the first book of Spiderwick Chronicles for about 2 weeks. The books say 7+ on them, so I'm assuming the reading level is about 2nd grade. He reads a chapter on the way to school each am, but often doesn't even get one chapter done (15 minute drive). He reads much better at 1st grade stuff like MTH and Kingdom of Wrenly. Yesterday he saw the word quixotic on a feelings chart and pronounced it perfectly (and I'm pretty much 100% he has never seen or heard that word before), but he mispronounces Mallory every time in the book he's currently reading no matter how many times I correct him (male-or-ree).

Any thoughts? Any possibility he could still have a disability even at the 99th %ile in reading? And if so, what would be the most likely culprit?