I'm a decades-long insomniac so trying to instill good sleep hygiene has always been an obsession for me in my efforts to prevent this suffering in my kids. I've found guided mindful awareness meditations to be helpful w/ my DD5 and heck, they work on me too which shocks me as I've been on trazodone to sleep for as long as I can remember. Probably the best tool in my toolbelt has been the "Solving Your Child's Sleep Problems" book. Many who haven't read the whole thing don't realize that it addresses issues all the way through adolescence. It's evidence-based (which I love as a science geek). I refer back to it all the time when we go through a hump or when something unusual happens. I had to adjust my daughter's sleep phase recently b/c she got on a path of going to sleep later and later and then found it hard to fall asleep at an appropriate (for her) time so I followed his tips to move it back into place. Usually when I've had problems to address I've found I need to look at the whole 24 hr cycle and exercise/diet as well.

Best of luck! Sleep issues are the worst.