Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 136 guests, and 12 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 2 1 2
    I
    I
    DS will definitely want to do it if he finds out about it ... I want to make sure it's a good idea first smile

22B Offline
    Good luck everyone.

F
    OP Offline
    F
    EJ took first place among the 2nd graders (maybe I should have registered him as a 3rd grader?)!!!!! There were 6 kids total for grade. The other 5 all attend private gifted schools. (there are 3 in our area all very expensive).

good luck to the other contestants!

H
    H
    We entered our 1st grade DS who turned 7 the day before the competition as a 2nd grader. The owner graciously allowed her teen son to scribe for my dysgraphic son which gave him a fair shot at competing. The time limits on each section were reasonable and he was able to easily complete before time was called.

I was worried his ADHD would be a problem since they sat for 15 min, took 5 min break and repeated 3 times as well as kept them seated an extra 15 min waiting for a late participate who was stuck in traffic. However, he was a champ and appeared very NT during the entire competition. Just after we had some ADHD spill over but truly it was amazing to see his focus.

He thought the test easy until the mental math part where there were some questions he did not understand. At our location there were a dozen children competing in 2nd grade. He did not place, but really enjoyed participating. It was a great experience and he later in the day became contemplative and said, "Mom I think I'm a mathy kid." He wants to do more math competitions.

First place winner got a $25 Amazon Gift Card and a gold medal, second got a $15 I-tunes gift card and a silver medal, third got a bronze medal. Everyone got a wallet, rubics cube key chain, pencil, online game, and certificate plus a sticker saying they finished the Trimathlon at Mathnasium.

Thanks for posting about this opportunity!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  M-Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...
    by indigo - 05/11/24 05:00 PM