Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 414 guests, and 26 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
    We're homeschooling -- our fifth year!

Erica (who really ought to post a proper introduction one of these days...)

Erica
    Isa Offline
    DD4.5 is since today homeschool, but next year she will have to attend some school because hs is not legal after 5 yr old in this country.

Before that she went first to a preschool for kids ages 2 to 4 - totally non academic. I am still undecided if it was a good or a bad idea....

At age 4 she started a public Montessori school, but I would call it less than susccesful. And now, at least for a few months, we join the 'HS club'.

I didn't mention you, Erica, because I know you like to lurk. smile You are one I didn't forget, actually. But I'm glad you've been speaking up today. Love you, love your posts! grin

Kriston
    DS6 will go to public school. I just found out today that they approved a grade skip so he will be going into 2nd! I think first grade would have blown the spark right out of him...

Crisc-

You said you just found out that your DD3 will be going to the Montessori. Do they have selective admissions then? Just curious...

In any case, it's nice that both your kids will be together. Dealing with different schools can be a pain.

D
    D
    Jool,
    I�m happy to hear about the grade skip for your DS!!

Hi Erica! I don't think we've "met" yet. Glad to have you aboard! Feel free to post more of an intro (or not) as you wish. We can be a curious bunch, but we're not totally nosey with those who wish to remain less conspicuous.

Congrats Jool! WOW!

Q
    Q
    OK,it's official, or will be as soon as I notify the school. We're now offical home schoolers. We're aiming for a trial period of 2 years, which would bring him into a new school with everyone else if we decide to send him back for 5th. Home school is SO not me! Off on an adventure outside my whatever the expression is. Comfort level? Oh well, should be interesting.

Congratulations, Jool. So happy to see a school making an effort. Hope it works well.

Val Offline
    Our two eldest (recently 6 and 8) will be going to a private school that is not officially gifted/talented but seems to work out that way. They group based on ability. When I took my eldest for a visit last October and showed his teacher what he was doing with me at home, she just did the same stuff with him, and also taught him something new.

She told me later that to them, it's only logical that the kids do what they're ready for and that there isn't much point in having them repeat what they already know. Woof---I could have hugged her.

Val

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM