Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    1 members (1 invisible), 384 guests, and 21 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    Gingtto, SusanRoth, Ellajack57, emarvelous, Mary Logan
    11,426 Registered Users
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
    J
    jaylivg Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    I actually did ask the homeroom teacher a while ago , and she said yes , the kids can bring toys but only for recess and car rider line or bus , esp. car and bus line , that's when the kids have to wait for quite some time .. and it's ok .

So i thought it's okay as long as DS doesn't take it out during class . Oh i totally understand during class you DON'T take any toys out .

I told the principal , the homeroom teacher said he could bring a toy during recess and car rider line . She then called the teacher and the teacher changed her story and said " oh we never allowed any students to bring any sort of toy during recess or car rider line "

My son then said " but you allowed me to bring my spinner that time ... "

Maybe the school's rule was not allowing students to bring any toy during recess and car rider line , but the teacher let the kids .. and now the principal found out , and maybe teacher got in trouble for it too . I don't know .. i am just worrying that she's going to take it out on DS . DS is already in an awful position as he is already .

The asst. principal told me that private behavior chart where it has column for lunch/recess , he needs to earn 4 initials for - using kind words
    - following teacher direction with quiet mouth
    - complete work in timely manner
    - using time and material wisely

the asst. principal said the last 2 during recess and lunch is basically freebies . But guess what ? there are several days that the last 2 didn't get initials . What could possibly happen ? God forbid that he didn't finish his lunch or didn't use his 'materials' wisely during recess and lunch .

J
    jaylivg Offline OP
    OP Offline
    J
    Puffin , exactly , if it's during car rider line , which is already out from school time anyway , why couldn't they just tell DS put it away instead of confiscated it . It's not during classroom .

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    NAGC Tip Sheets
    by indigo - 04/29/24 08:36 AM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by Wren - 04/29/24 03:43 AM
    Beyond IQ: The consequences of ignoring talent
    by Eagle Mum - 04/21/24 03:55 PM
    Testing with accommodations
    by blackcat - 04/17/24 08:15 AM