Gifted Bulletin Board

Welcome to the Gifted Issues Discussion Forum.

We invite you to share your experiences and to post information about advocacy, research and other gifted education issues on this free public discussion forum.
CLICK HERE to Log In. Click here for the Board Rules.

Links

Learn about Davidson Academy Online - for profoundly gifted students living anywhere in the U.S. & Canada.

The Davidson Institute is a national nonprofit dedicated to supporting profoundly gifted students through the following programs:

• Fellows Scholarship
  • Young Scholars
  • Davidson Academy
  • THINK Summer Institute

• Subscribe to the Davidson Institute's eNews-Update Newsletter >

Free Gifted Resources & Guides >

Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 304 guests, and 20 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Newest Members
    ddregpharmask, Emerson Wong, Markas, HarryKevin91, Harry Kevin
    11,431 Registered Users
    May
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    12 13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24 25
    26 27 28 29 30 31
    Previous Thread
    Next Thread
    Print Thread
    Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    N
    N
    No probs at all. It has been difficult to get folks to understand that I'm interested in the parents - not the kids. There's plenty of fantastic researchers who are looking into the education and well being of our kids - but nobody has looked at us. If this was just about the education of the kids I wouldn't have asked about the parents well being because it wouldn't have been relevant. But some parents are doing it very tough - they feel like they're reinventing the wheel, they're isolated, and feel disbelieved by the educators around them. To me, that's a powerful message as well. Not all of us are getting our children's needs met.

Cheers ... Nat

W
    W
    It is a powerful message but in the age of limited funds for education, our children are the priveleged.

I am been slowly and steadily trying to get a second grade spot in an accelerated school that she has qualified for twice but spots are given by lottery. And siblings, even with an IQ 30 points lower, get first grabs. It is frustrating and I am schmoozing but at the same time, I can look at my amazing kid and feel so blessed and lucky. In this age of commuters, there are so many programs that enhance our children's ability to accelerate their learning.

Consider how many not unhappy people got turned off the survey because there were so many questions about their mental health and then how many people who are feeling stressed and wanted to share, since unhappy people do need to share to get it out and will that skew your results?

Ren

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  M-Moderator, Mark D. 

Link Copied to Clipboard
    Recent Posts
    2e & long MAP testing
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:30 PM
    psat questions and some griping :)
    by aeh - 05/16/24 04:21 PM
    Employers less likely to hire from IVYs
    by mithawk - 05/13/24 06:50 PM
    For those interested in science...