Originally Posted by mnmom23
Originally Posted by landofthelost
The problem we now have is her score in the map test stayed the same in math now as it was in Nov. so they feel her strong subject is reading and will probably tell us subject acceleration in math is out.
[b]This may be stating the obvious, but it is entirely possible that her math MAP score did not go up because she was not being taught anything new.[/b

This is what I think. I also am going to ask if she only had a certain amount of time to complete the test or if she got through it all. This may have also had something to do with it.

As far as any kind of acceleration we have talked it till we are blue in the face with them. If we want to go further with it we have to go before the board(which after this meeting may be what we do), but they will not approve it themselves. This is their method and that is that.

I just want to be as knowledgeable about differentiation as I can be. I guess I feel if I go in there asking the right questions and they can't provide me with concrete proof the staff is highly trained, then that will be our argument to the board. I want them to prove that differentiation just isn't a buzz word they throw out there to placate parents. They better have the substance to back it up. IMO, if they can't then dd should be accelerated as that is the only way they are capable of meeting her needs at this time.