Originally Posted by Quantum2003
Interestingly, because DS7 was subjected accelerated to the 3rd grade GT math class, he is required to take the 3rd grade state math assessment with the other 3rd graders this year. However, even though his 3rd grade GT math curriculum covers fourth grade math, they are not assigned the 4th grade assessment.

We are in the same boat -- gt classroom with at least 1 year of acceleration in math and language arts but state tests at grade level. Our district also uses grade level tests for Acuity testing which is supposed to be diagnostic throughout the year. I don't think that DD11 has gotten more than one wrong on an Acuity test in the three years that she has taken them. I realize that the district is doing this to comply with federal and state law. I just wish that all of these resources could be used to fund testing that would give her teachers useful information.

@Bostonian, DD11 is now in her second week of state testing (12 testing blocks over 10 school days). I don't think that I could pay her to take an extra test. She is tired of being out of her routine and bored out of her mind.