Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
.that the relative differences between adoptive homes show only the limits of just how much heredity can contribute-- rather than how little it may matter under truly dreadful conditions.
Bingo.
This is so patiently obvious when it comes to eating lead paint chips, but I wonder that people don't get it when it comes to less dramatic situations. There is also the question of converting giftedness into a product that can be recognized and societally valued. I just watched a TV show "Shameless" where there is also a significant thread of giftedness floating through.(We don't get Showtime, but were at a friend's house for dinner - everyone was over 18, thank goodness!) One young man in the TV show makes pocket change to feed his sibling by taking the SATs for his classmates. At least in this example the Giftedness is pretty obvious, but still not a societally acceptable way to use it. The hallmark of human beings is that they adapt to their environment more than any other mammal I can thing of, so my guess is that lots of poor gifted kids find ways to use their giftedness that go under the radar.

Anyway, my guess it that this thread is probably not really going to go anywhere productive, and it's time to start posting recipes on it. I'm making short-ribs in the crock pot for dinner tonight. What is for dinner at your house?

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com