Reading Ruf's book, I think DD3 is somewhere in the level 3/4 range. I think she was a couple of months behind the milestones in level 5, but I think she is amazing, in the Bill Clinton/Barack Obama league of brains.

I think I have mentioned about the gifted elementary school at Hunter College in Manhattan. This year they cut off the entrance to the second round evaluation at 98th percentile of the SB (I think SB4). I know 3 kids that got into the second round. There were 278 kids for 50 spots, about 6:5 ratio girls to boys. My friend's son did not make it or even get waitlisted. It is hard for her not to feel like a sentence was placed that your son really isn't gifted.

In this forum, there is part competiveness, part protective, that you want your child to be uber great. Sometimes it is hard to separate the emotions from the reality. How exactly does our child learn, how gifted, in what way gifted. Ruf is right, there is no one way, no one gifted identity. We have topics about homeschooling is best, but Ruf says homeschooling is not good for the extrovert, that homeschooling is bad for the extrovert. Haven't even seen that mentioned here on the homeschooling dialogue.

I am finding it hard to be objective about DD3 and her path a lot of the time.

Just a post for my need.

Ren